Monday, October 11, 2010

A Stihl Delivery

At 4:20 am I think my water has broken and this is going to be the big day.  Stephen was supposed to be going hunting but 5 minutes before his alarm was set to go off I told him I did not think that he would be going hunting today, instead we were going to have a baby.  I didn't want to be the lady that rushes to the hospital with false labor so we decided to sleep for a little bit longer just to make sure things were really happening because I was not having any contractions at this point.  Of course I could not go back to sleep.  I got up and started putting our bags near the door for Stephen to take to the car.  I talked to my parents and of course mom insisted that I go to the hospital immediately.  We decided to go ahead and get showered and then make our way to the hospital.  We pulled up to Cabrini about 6 am.  We walked into the labor and delivery area and I just said, I think my water broke.  They moved us to a triage room, had me change into a quite fabulous gown;), and started tests to see if in fact my water did break and labor had begun.  The first test was negative and i had to explain to the nurse why i thought my water broke.  She did the second test and went to ask another nurse for a second opinion.  She cam back in a gave us the thumbs up, it was go time, and we were anxious to meet our little man.  The nurse also told us that my doctor was off today and that the on call doctor would be delivering Stihl.  No problem, either way Stihl was coming today!  We called our parents and said that it was time to come to the hospital to wait.

Proud and excited parents-to-be

They started the drip about 7:30 am and then the doctor came in and broke my water fully since it had not completely ruptured yet.  Then the contractions started but nothing too intense at first.  By 1:30 pm I was ready for the epidural.  This was honestly the part that I was most scared about.  I had an amazingly calm and reassuring nurse that stayed with me the through out the entire labor and delivery process and she was my rock while I was getting the epidural.  Literally, I held on to her and she and the doctor talked me through the entire thing.  I survived, not too bad at all, and best of all...Epidurals are fabulous! 


Now we were back to waiting.  Around 5 pm the nurse came in to check on us and said in probable and hour we will be ready to push.  Well an hour came around and one more check with some practice pushes directed by the nurse, we were ready.  In the middle of the second practice push, she said "wait stop pushing, let me get the doctor."

Dr. Ingalls said that delivery can get a little messy on her end.

Three contractions later our little man arrived.  At 6:10 pm this evening we met our son, Stihl Anthony Workman.  He is 7 lbs and 13 oz and 21 inches long.  A bit bigger than we had anticipated, but he is just perfect.





Proud Daddy

then there were three

First Bath


First Outfit
 


Welcome to our Workman World Stihl Anthony!

No comments:

Post a Comment