Thursday, October 8, 2009

Butterflys in BlackJack

Someone very wise told me yesterday, "It's okay to get butterflys, as long as you get them flying in the same direction."  Thank you Theresa, I needed that. 

In my debut performance with City Park Players, I play a hispanic nurse, in a tight nurse coat (...and later in a flashy cocktail dress, ooolala).  The cast and crew has been so helpful and very fun to work with.  Dan Forest, our director, has done an amazing job getting us going in the right direction and giving us the opportunity to bring our own flair to our characters.  He has also turned our stage into the lounge and deck of the historic Dixie Queen paddle wheel!  Paul Barbee, our stage manager, has taken on the huge task of turning me into the "Luisa" that I need to be.  Thank you to all the cast (Theresa, Susan, Kim, Casey, Danny, and Stu) for making this a great first experience for me so far.  Cade, I havent forgotten you (or you in your dress), thanks for your help.

In BlackJack, I put up with Irene's degrading demands, since I get paid $49 an hour; Kaitlins crazy antics, because I have my eyes set on her son; Beau and his "ageless body"; Bunky, well I will be seeing a lot more of him down on the gulf coast; and honestly I just want to be like good ole' Rory.

BlackJack: A Thief of Possession, Opening Night is Tonight!  7:30pm at the Hearn Stage / Kress Theatre.  Come check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment