Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Rodeo Weekend

This past weekend we spent in Houston with Stefanie, Matt, Kelsey,and Jeff.  Oh I can't forget Maple and Champ, too.  Friday evening we went over to Devin and Sally Towe's house for a night of Fajitias and Margaritas.  That was "virgin" maragaritas for me.  We enjoyed hanging out and playing card games like our old college days.


Saturday was a big day, my and Stephen's first visit to the annual Houston Rodeo and NEW MOON came out on Blu-Ray!  After a great french toast breakfast (I had 5, yes five, pieces) made by our very own Stef, us girls went off to Target to get New Moon and find me a sweater.  The unexpected cold weather was a great reason for shopping.  Then lunch at Choo! Choo! Sushi.  It was really good and the sushi went around the restaurant on a little track and you just grabbed the plates of sushi that you wanted to eat.  After sushi we were off to the rodeo.  There was so much to see and we had so much fun.  We saw calves, piglets, and sheep that were just born.  I got to play with my dream pet, a goat, in the petting farm. 


There was even a llama for Kelsey.  The potbellies pigs made Stephen want another pet pig. 


We met Elsie the cow!


After all that walking around I was hungry again so I got a BBQ beef sandwich and it was yummy.  Reliant Stadium was our next stop.  We walked in just in time to see the bull riding semifinals.  Then we saw the finals for barrel racing, bare back riding, saddle bronc, steer wrestling, team roping, and bull riding. 


President George Bush came out and starting the calf scramble and it was so funny. 


The rodeo was almost over and the Brooks and Dunn concert was about to start but not before mutton bustin'.  This was 5 year old kids riding on fluffy sheep holding on for dear life.  I could see Sprout doing that one day, haha.  Then the concert started.  It was a really good concert and they played a lot of their popular old and new music.


Stephen and I would definately like to come back for the rodeo again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment